Activities and deliverables
The iMine activities is organized in four work packages, many of which will run in parallel.
WP1: Initiation including setting up and monitoring the Network of Infrastructure (NoI).
- Initiation of coordinator, coordinator office and IP agreement
- Extension of consortium
- Constituent meeting with partners, discussions and decisions for the operation of the NoI, including defining measurables for monitoring of the progress
- Monitoring of progress of the NoI by the steering group at bimonthly virtual meetings, corrective actions in case of underperformance
- Single-point coordinator and IP Agreement
- Performance measurables and continued follow up of these
WP2: Internal networking and workshops
- Networking within iMine and within the KIC with the purpose of defining the mines and labs that will constitute the core infrastructure of iMine.
- Organization of 2 workshops each year where all KIC members and third parties are invited to discuss needs and to learn about the infrastructure and to exchange experience and ideas for advanced automation, maintenance, safety etc. in mines. The operation and composition of iMine is also discussed if required.
- Continuous mapping of complementary infrastructure to iMine
Report with iMine structure. This deliverable support WP3: Marketing
- Running an iMine web page where available resources are published as well as success stories from tests and demonstrations performed within the NoI
- Organizing call specific brokerage events oriented towards activities within iMine. The calls can be within H2020, RFCS, KIC, but also e.g. major national calls
- Setting up email lists and posting information about opportunities, coming events, and success stories within iMine to these email lists
- Production of electronic and paper brochures. General as well as more specific brochures will be produced and distributed
- iMine web page
- Project applications
- Electronic and paper based marketing of iMine
WP4: Financial sustainability of iMine
- Development and testing of fee-system for the services provided by iMine, to be implemented immediately after end of financial support from KIC.
- Development of implementation of particularly rewarding services provided by iMine, not covered in WP1-WP3 above. The main purpose of these services is to provide funding for coordination and promotion of activities in the mines and labs constituting iMine. Examples could be consultancy services aimed at project proposal support.
- Influencing e.g. H2020 work programs such that calls suitable for activities within iMine are created.
- Investigations/negotiations of possible direct financial support of the coordinator from other partners than RISE.
- Plan for continued operation of iMine